B-man and his very proud Mom

B-man and his very proud Mom

Wednesday, October 15, 2014

The Journey to Normal Continues

Once, a long time ago, I began a journey that started with a detour. I peed on a stick and bought a ticket to Normal but somewhere along the way there was an accident of monumental proportions and I was guided off the beaten path to an unpaved, uncharted road. I never found Normal but what I did find was much more exciting and adventurous. This new path taught me a new language, Motudis, created exclusively for Sweetpea or as my sweet hubby called him, Morudis from Potudis. We never found out where Potudis is actually located but if you give it a chance you will see that it is a very magical place with many other Potudites who live care-free and freely share their innocence and love. A place where the spoken word is over-rated and smiles speak volumes. A place where sloppy kisses and giggles are abundant. I received no guidebook so I had to find my own way around. In the beginning, I was my own worst enemy. Road blocks would stop me dead in my tracks until I finally discovered that, in Potudis, you just move the road block and forge a new path. There are no rules so you make them up as you go along. If something doesn't work, it isn't the end, it's a new beginning. Three steps forward and five steps back is a dance that is repeated so often that, set to music, looks a lot like the hustle. Drugs are encouraged and prescribed like candy and therapy means something very different than lying on a couch bearing your soul. Again, I must remind you, there are no rules in Potudis. It took awhile but I eventually stopped looking for Normal and made myself at home in Potudis. For more than 20 years, it became my world, it consumed me...until the day I was suddenly plucked from the comfort of this strange, wonderful place and dropped head-first into Normal. And just like that, I began a new journey. Four years later, I still find Normal as not so normal and long for the familiar sights and sounds of Potudis. I long for the 2 AM play dates and all night movie marathons while monitoring feeds and measuring meds. But I am nothing if not adaptable and so I am once again moving forward and following the rules. It is a process. One that is not accomplished without great sacrifice and effort. And so my journey continues........

1 comment:

  1. I am so honored to have been a brief visitor to Potudis. I am not fluent, but could get a few words here and there. You just had to listen closely. Love you and Miss B- Miss Joan

    ReplyDelete